Re: [PERFORM] backup/restore - another area.

От Jeff
Тема Re: [PERFORM] backup/restore - another area.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:35:48 +0100
"Donald Fraser" <demolish@cwgsy.net> wrote:

> Since this seems to work for you,
> would you be kind enough to post the shell script for doing the
> snapshot with LVM.

Ahh, I posted it to -perform. Guess it didn't make it here.
I have a 2 disk striped LVM as /dev/postgresql/pgdata

Here's what I do:
lvcreate -L4000M -s -n pg_backup /dev/postgres/pgdata
mount /dev/postgres/pg_backup /pg_backup
tar cf - /pg_backup | gzip -1 > /squeegit/mb.backup
umount /pg_backup;
lvremove -f/dev/postgres/pg_backup;

The key is that -L that tells it how big to make htings. If your -L is
smaller than the actual size of the volume you'll get corruption (as I
found out).

The restore is to simply take pg down, rm $PGDATA and untar mb.backup
into $PGDATA, start up PG and thats it.

Godo luck - be sure to test it out first!

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/