Re: rebuild index question

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: rebuild index question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 14:28:09 -0500,
  Glenn Wiorek <gwiorek@jmlafferty.com> wrote:
> Hello all,  It appears that the rebuild index command (driven by contrib/reindexdb)  recreates the index with a new
oidsin the default data directory. This has just caused me a lot of grief to move and relink 329 indices (again)
becauseof space and disk constraints (35 GB to spread across 4 drives).  Since rebuilding indexes is a common and often
neededtask how is everyone working around this?

This should be a lot better in 7.4. Most people should not need to do
reindexes.

От: "Glenn Wiorek"
Сообщение: rebuild index question
От: "Donald Fraser"
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] backup/restore - another area.