Re: postgres --help-config

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: postgres --help-config
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Agreed.  I like --dump-config.  Better to have the verb first.
>
> My only objection to that is that "dump" suggests you will get some kind
> of snapshot of current settings, which is not what this facility does.
>
> I don't have an especially good alternative though ... "--describe-config"
> is the only thought that comes to mind right away.

I just realized that --help-config doesn't output the contents of
postgresql.conf at all, but just the internal server defaults.  Does the
admin tool read postgresql.conf too and parse that to get the runtime
values, and how does it know if the postmaster is using the current
postgresql.conf contents or it needs a SIGHUP?

Pennsylvania19073