problems with missing bin

От b p
Тема problems with missing bin
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Good afternoon everyone,
I am setting up Postgresql on my redhat 8 system. I
have installed the files and have set up the proper
directories, however I have run into a problem. I am
trying to initialize the database with initdb. The
command is

pg$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data

I did not have a bin in that first half of the
statement so in locating initdb, I found it in the
dire /usr/bin. I then used the following line:

pg$ /usr/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

After running the line above, I got a message saying
success! I then started the postmaster and again
everything went fine. However I need to create users
for this database so I use the following command:

pg$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createuser bruce

I get an error stating there is no such directory. The
question is, how do I get the postgres bin created?
Also I am guessing that the bin should have commands
that are specific to postgresql. Is there a way for me
to import this bin from /usr/bin ? Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

Bruce