createdb problem

От Gary Stainburn
Тема createdb problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi folks,

I've got two totally seperate databases that I'm working on at the moment, the
only thing they have in common is the server that they're on (RH7.3+Errata)

For each of these databases I have a file containing the SQL commands to
create and populate the various tables, and bash script which simply calls

dropdb $dbname
createdb $dbname
psql  <$dbname.sql

However, for the last few days, this script seems to be alternating between
working and not working, the sequence being:

[gary@eddie gary]$ dbreset
ERROR:  DROP DATABASE: database "service" does not exist
dropdb: database removal failed
CREATE DATABASE
0 errors
[gary@eddie gary]$ dbreset
DROP DATABASE
ERROR:  CREATE DATABASE: source database "template1" is being accessed by
other users
createdb: database creation failed
0 errors
[gary@eddie gary]$ dbreset
ERROR:  DROP DATABASE: database "service" does not exist
dropdb: database removal failed
CREATE DATABASE
0 errors
[gary@eddie gary]$

Can anyone tell me why the createdb seems to fail if the preceeding dropdb
worked.
--
Gary Stainburn