Re: Performance weirdness with/without vacuum analyze

От Harry Broomhall
Тема Re: Performance weirdness with/without vacuum analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shridhar Daithankar writes:
> On Monday 13 October 2003 19:17, Harry Broomhall wrote:
[SNIP]
> >    The input to this query is a fairly large (the example I'm working
> > with has 335,000 rows) set of records containing numbers to be looked
> > up in the lookup table.  This lookup table has 239 rows.
>
> Can yu lookup those 239 values in 335,000 rows instead. The result will be
> same but probably it will be lot moer faster...

   I'm not entirely sure how I would do this, as the 'lookup' is actualy
a join.  I thought that the order of nameing the joined tables didn't
matter (except for 'left' and 'right'), similar to the fact that 1 + 2 is
the same as 2 + 1.

[SNIP]

> An explain analyze in both cases+postgresql.conf tuning and hardware/software
> information would be very good. Compress it before you post if you think its
> too big..

   This would amount to an attachment, and I'm not sure how this list views
such things.

   I've emailed you the file separately.

   Regards,
       Harry.