Re: 2-phase commit

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: 2-phase commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 05:43:49PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> OK, I think we came to the conclusion that we want 2-phase commit, but
> want some way to mark a server as offline/read-only, or notify an

That sounds to me like the concusion, to the extent there was one,
yes.  I'd still like to hear from those who continue to have strong
objections on the grounds of the impossibility of a guaranteed
recovery method.  Does the proposal of allowing dbas to run that
risk, provided there's a mechanism to tell them about it, satisfy the
objection (assuming, of course, 2PC can be turned off)?

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110