Day of week question

От Michael Meskes
Тема Day of week question
Дата
Re: Day of week question  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Do to a bug in pgtypeslin I've been experimenting with the day of week
stuff a little bit and I found that we do not agree with the output of
the cal command on older dates. I have no idea which one is correct:

mm=# select to_char('1000/01/01'::date,'D');to_char---------4
(1 row)

Thus we believe 1000/1/1 is a Wednesday. cal says:
   Januar 1000
So Mo Di Mi Do Fr Sa   1  2  3  4  5  67  8  9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Thus 1000/1/1 is a Monday. Is this a bug in cal? Or do we produce the
wrong output? Or do I simply misread the output?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De

Сообщение: Re: Index/Function organized table layout
Сообщение: Re: Index/Function organized table layout