Re: Index/Function organized table layout

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re: Index/Function organized table layout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Greg Stark kirjutas P, 05.10.2003 kell 00:17:
>
>>I've never seen anyone use this feature, and I never seriously considered it
>>myself. It sort of has the feel of an antiquated feature that traded too much
>>flexibility and abstraction for raw performance on very slow disk hardware.
>

> Read "A Conversation with Jim Gray" referenced from this slashdot
> article:
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/09/17/1246255&mode=thread&tid=126
> for info on how disk drives are slower than ever (relatively), and how
> one should treat them as such, especially for large data volumes.

Too bad PostgreSQL is misspelled ("Postgress") and MySQL dominates the
open source discussion. And the MySQL questions are coming from:

"David Patterson, who holds the Pardee Chair of Computer Science at
the University of California at Berkeley."

Outrageous! :-)

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com