Re: pg_dump/restore issue with schemas

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: pg_dump/restore issue with schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Friday 03 October 2003 16:20, Tom Lane wrote:
> Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> writes:
> > On dump/restore the search_path is set to reports, pg_catalog so of
> > course you get a "no relation a" error
>
> This is an SQL function right?

It was indeed.

What particularly threw me was the fact that it just complained about the
unqualified table name. I assumed it was a dependency-related issue and then
got confused because the table clearly *did* exist.

> This seems to be an additional and fairly critical reason to disable
> checking of SQL function bodies during a reload.  I had already proposed
> doing so:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-09/msg00970.php
> but that seemed to have been greeted by a collective yawn, so I was not
> planning to do it for 7.4.  Now I'm thinking we had better do it.

Is that what you do with views? I thought the problem might exist there, but a
quick test seems to show they're fine.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump/restore issue with schemas
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump/restore issue with schemas