Re: pg_dump/restore issue with schemas

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump/restore issue with schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> table public.a
> function reports.f()
> The function refers to "a" without the full schema (i.e. not as "public.a")
> The function was originally defined with its name as "reports.f" while
> search_path = public...

> On dump/restore the search_path is set to reports, pg_catalog so of
> course you get a "no relation a" error

This is an SQL function right?

This seems to be an additional and fairly critical reason to disable
checking of SQL function bodies during a reload.  I had already proposed
doing so:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-09/msg00970.php
but that seemed to have been greeted by a collective yawn, so I was not
planning to do it for 7.4.  Now I'm thinking we had better do it.