pg_dump no longer honors --no-reconnect

От Bruce Momjian
Тема pg_dump no longer honors --no-reconnect
Дата
Re: pg_dump no longer honors --no-reconnect  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
From CVS logs I see:                                                                       pg_dump/pg_restore now
alwaysuse SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION, not\connect, to control object ownership.  Theuse-set-session-authorization and
no-reconnectswitches are obsolete(still accepted on the command line, but they don't do anything).  Thisis a precursor
tofixing handling of CREATE SCHEMA, which will be aseparate commit.

This was to fix a problem with restoring schemas.  However, the commit
says that --use-set-session-authorization and --no-reconnect are no
longer honored.  Seems we can silently ignore a
--use-set-session-authorization flag because that is now the default,
but I don't see how we can ignore a --no-reconnect flag --- we should
throw an error.

The pg_dump manual says:-R--no-reconnect    This option is obsolete but still accepted for backwards compatibility.

Also, the 7.3 manual mentions that only the super-user can restore using
--use-set-session-authorization.  This is now the only way to create
dumps.  Seems this is a new limitation to pg_dump that we didn't
discuss.

Pennsylvania19073