Re: Idea for improving speed of pg_restore

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Idea for improving speed of pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We already have on TODO:

    * Turn off after-change writes if fsync is disabled (?)

I am wondering if we should remove the fsync option completely and just
have a "os_crash_unsafe" option that turns off fsync and WAL, or at
least all the WAL used for os crash recovery --- I think we still need
WAL to recover from dirty buffers that didn't get written to the OS
cache.