Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Stephan Szabo writes:
>
> > It's not a problem for me unless I'm compiling with CFLAGS="-std=c89".
>
> Don't do that then. :-)

Well, the discussion started with Tom trying to find an option that
disallowed // comments for gcc. :)

> I don't agree with cluttering the compile line with -D_GNU_SOURCE just for
> the case when someone adds additional unsupported compiler flags.  We
> might as well add -fhosted just in case someone tries to compile with
> -ffreestanding.

Fundamentally however, having configure run with a fundamentally different
compilation environment from an actual build (which _GNU_SOURCE basically
does) is dangerous.  Even without -std=c89, can we say for sure that the
environment without it is exactly the same as with it?

Сообщение: Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Сообщение: Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test