Re: [ADMIN] postgres 6.2 vacuum

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [ADMIN] postgres 6.2 vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday 26 September 2003 10:52, Tom Lane wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lowen@pari.edu> writes:
> > This isn't necessarily true.  That old of a version of PostgreSQL is
> > probably running on a quite out-of-date OS -- for instance, if the OS was
> > Red Hat Linux, then the point at which 6.2.1 was shipped was RHL 5.0.
> > Can you even compile PostgreSQL 7.3.x on RHL 5.0 or its contemporaries?

> Surely.  We still support other platforms that make RHL 5.0 look like
> the new kid on the block.  There might not be RPMs available, but I
> can't believe it wouldn't compile from source.

I think I tried a 7.1.x on 5.2 a long time ago, and it didn't build for some
reason.  But that has been some time ago.  I might just build up a 5.2 system
(plus errata) to see.

> I do agree that people running that old a Linux distro need to think
> about updating more than just Postgres, though.  They have kernel bugs
> as well as PG bugs to fear :-(

2.0 happily doesn't have many new bugs, and it is being maintained, IIRC.
Just not by Red Hat.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology