Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...
Дата
Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...  ("Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue@tpf.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-committers

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> > "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> > > Why could you determine it ? Is PostgreSQL your system ?
> >
> > Well, if you prefer, we can have a discussion and vote about
> > it on pghackers.
>
> Oh discussion *first* is good but You committed *first*.
> So isn't it reasonable to revert your change *first* ?
>
> This is the second time you disable the on-line reindex
> functionality for system tables. Why must I explain the
> same thing many times ?

Actually, as a comment here, since I *think* I understand where Tom is
coming from ... and since I've either missed it, or it hasn't been
answered yet ... why was the original patch incomplete in only addressing
1 of 3 REINDEX conditions?  Is there a reason why that one condition
is/was safe to do it with, but not the other 2?

Again ... if I understand Tom's objections to, and reason for reversing,
this patch correctly ...

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...