Re: PostgreSQL on Novell Netware 6.5.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Novell Netware 6.5.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 10:52:58PM +0200, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Terry Yapt wrote:
>
> >I have seen this presentation for new Novell Netware 6.5 version
> >released about two weeks or so.
> >
> >http://www.novell.com/products/netware/netware65overview_popup.html
> >
> >If you check 'Open Source' point, PostgreSQL text and PostgreSQL logo
> >are showed on the run.

> It's been quite a while ago that I did NetWare programming (3.11 NLM,
> communication protocol for a dbms), and that I had some contact with
> Netware (4.1), but if Novell didn't change the architecture completely
> (I doubt that) the native win32 port won't be of any help for
> implementing PostgreSQL on NetWare. It's very different from Windows and
> *ix, so it would be a complete third implementation of basic service
> interfacing.

Some time ago there was a guy from Novell posting on hackers about the
porting of PostgreSQL to Netware.  He sounded like most of the job was
already done, but he wanted to have some patches accepted to be able to
build with a toolchain different from GNU make and friends (because it
was one or two orders of magnitude faster).  He left some time later
because of the null support he received for that, it seems.

Some time after that, Novell announced that MySQL would be their default
database system ...

Y una voz del caos me hablo y me dijo
"Sonrie y se feliz, podria ser peor".
Y sonrei. Y fui feliz.