Re: PostgreSQL on Novell Netware 6.5.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Novell Netware 6.5.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Some time ago there was a guy from Novell posting on hackers about the
> porting of PostgreSQL to Netware.  He sounded like most of the job was
> already done, but he wanted to have some patches accepted to be able to
> build with a toolchain different from GNU make and friends (because it
> was one or two orders of magnitude faster).  He left some time later
> because of the null support he received for that, it seems.

What is this, a troll?  We gave that project quite a lot of support.
My recollection is that we lost interest somewhere around here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2002-08/msg00278.php
when it became clear that Netware couldn't or wouldn't try to arrange
their code to keep the amount of platform-specific stuff reasonable.
The patch as they were proposing it would have been completely
unmaintainable --- certainly so for the community, probably for them
too.