Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...

От Sean Chittenden
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers

> > > Um, why not just have someone with local CVSROOT access just rm
> > > -f the ,v file when the WIN32_DEV branch ceases to be useful?
> >
> > If we do that, we will lose the change histories from back when
> > those files were kept in CVS (five or more years ago).  Perhaps
> > this is not important, but I'm hesitant to do it.

That's right... those files used to be in CVS...

> Right.  I assume branches are kept in the same file as HEAD.

Correct, CVS abuses the RCS format.

> I have decided not to regularly update the derived files in
> WIN32_DEV --- I will just keep the files in their place, and have
> configure 'touch' them to make them more recent when configure is
> run --- we are just trying to get the backend to start at this
> point.

*shrug* It's just an RCS file and easily editable by those who have
write access.  As I said, just a thought and is something that's
pretty common for FreeBSD's CVS meisters to do and shouldn't be an
option that this project rules out.

--
Sean Chittenden