Re: Can I use PostgreSQL to develop a self-organizing

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Can I use PostgreSQL to develop a self-organizing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 05:55:43PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:

> Materialized views are a godsend for DSS systems, and self-organized
> materialized views sound too good to be true. Is this really feasible?
> It sounds awfully ambitious considering postgres doesn't even have
> materialized views yet.

There is also the question of how would one actually use self-organizing
views... what would be the syntax for them?  Should the parser recognize
that some join you are giving to it is a previously self-organized view
and contract the sentence?

"Puedes vivir solo una vez, pero si lo haces bien, una vez es suficiente"