Re: How can I set postmaster as a service

От Anis W. Nugroho
Тема Re: How can I set postmaster as a service
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Actualy the easiest way to start postmaster in RH7.3 is via
'ntsysv' command by root, and check the postgres service. Try
it.

If you want to connect to the database via remote host, you have
to edit the file *.conf in the /var/lib/pgsql/data/ directory.
The easiest way to do it is 'su - postgres' from root which will
set the current directory to /var/lib/pgsql/ (the home dir for
postgres account), then 'cd data'.

Good luck,
Anis WN
Free multi-lingual web-based and  POP3 email service with a
generous 15MB of storage, a choice of themes for your mailbox,
message filtering, plus spam and virus protection
Sign up now: http://www.gawab.com