Re: note on dropped columns in pg_attribute

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: note on dropped columns in pg_attribute
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Friday 05 September 2003 16:24, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Robert Treat writes:
> > I didn't see it documented anywhere that a 0 in attypid of pg_attribute,
> > and given the note on the need to match pg_type lest failure seems to
> > warrant the mention.
>
> A column is dropped if and only if attisdropped is true.

Right. I didn't mean to imply otherwise.  That first line should have read  "I
didn't see it documented anywhere that a 0 in attypid of pg_attribute is OK
with dropped columns".  My only point was that in the notes it says that
attypid is the OID in pg_type, and that information in that table must match
information in this table else PostgreSQL will fail.  However that's not
neccessarily true for dropped columns where there is no match cause attypid
will be 0.  Are there other cases where it can be set to 0?

Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: IPV4 addresses on IPV6 machines in pg_hba.conf
Сообщение: Re: IPV4 addresses on IPV6 machines in pg_hba.conf