Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2

От Kurt Roeckx
Тема Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 09:35:11AM -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:
> Redhat 7.1 says
>
>        The file descriptor sockfd must refer to a socket.  If the
>        socket is of type SOCK_DGRAM then the serv_addr address is
>        the address to which datagrams are sent  by  default,  and
>        the  only  address  from which datagrams are received.  If
>
> Looks like the test is obsolete. Any objections to remove it? Do people
> agree that it's a bugfix that can go into 7.4?

Reading SUS v2 and v3, both say:
    If the initiating socket is not connection-mode, then connect()    sets the socket's peer address, but no
connectionis made. For    SOCK_DGRAM sockets, the peer address identifies where all datagrams    are sent on subsequent
send()calls, and limits the remote sender    for subsequent recv() calls.

So it looks good to me.

I do wonder why nobody had a problem with this before however.

Kurt