Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> What I'm wondering about is whether we are comparing the right number of
>> bytes ... have both address structs been reported to have the same
>> length?  Maybe we need a min().

> I disagree. If getsockname(), getpeername() or recvfrom() return
> different address length's, it'd be more an indicator that the addresses
> ARE different anyway.

Hm, good point.  But I still feel that we are jumping to a conclusion
without understanding what's going on.  I'd like to know *why* the
addresses are different on Adam's machine, before we conclude that we
mustn't try to check that they are the same.