Re: ODBC Connection Pooling (Windows 2000 MDAC 2.7 patched, pgodbc-7.02.00.05)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: ODBC Connection Pooling (Windows 2000 MDAC 2.7 patched, pgodbc-7.02.00.05)
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Chris Gamache wrote:

> Doug, thanks for the reply!
>
> Bruce, back me up (or shoot me down..): currval() should be undefined when a
> connection is first made for any given sequence. If a connection is recycled,
> shouldn't currval() be undefined for any given sequence to simulate the
> behavior of a connection first being made?

It would be nice if we wiped out currval when a shared connection is
passed.  We have added RESET ALL to clear out most SET values, but we
don't have any code to clear currval values.

Is there a reason the person would be calling currval when they haven't
called nextval yet?