Re: Tomcat Connection Pool?

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: Tomcat Connection Pool?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/09/2003 23:06 Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> I am running a connection pool for the PostgreSQL and I was wondering
> which values you would reccommend for the connection pool?
>
>                 <parameter>
>                         <name>maxWait</name>
>                         <value>5000</value>
>                 </parameter>
>                 <parameter>
>                         <name>maxActive</name>
>                         <value>10</value>
>                 </parameter>
>                 <parameter>
>                         <name>maxIdle</name>
>                         <value>2</value>
>                 </parameter>
>
> What does maxWait and maxIdle means?

maxWait is is maximum time the connection pool will wait for a connection
to become available so it only has an effect when all maxActive
connections are being used at the same time. maxIdle is the maximum number
of connections what the pool will keep open. Using your settings as an
example, say you reach a point where all 10 connections have beed created
and are in use and that sometime later the nunber of requests drops so
that they can serviced by just a few connections. In this case excess idle
connections will be closed but there will always be at least maxIdle
connections left open.
HTH

--
Paul Thomas