Re: initdb carrying on forever/problems with Postgresql setup on Cygwin

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: initdb carrying on forever/problems with Postgresql setup on Cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Vipul,

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 06:32:34PM +0100, Vipul Vij wrote:
> I have managed to install Cygwin version and Cygipc version 1.14-1 on
> my Win XP Pro Box. Now, when I initialize the db using the command:
> "initdb -W -D /cygdrive/d/apps/cygwin/usr/local/pgsql/data" this
> process goes on forever. Believe me, I have been trying to fix this
> all day, with not very much success :-(( I have already looked at
> similar postings on this mailing list - but that hasn't solved the
> problem.

The above seems to indicate that you are using an older version of
PostgreSQL.  What version are you using?  What is the output of initdb
before the hang occurs.  Does CPU utilization hit 100%?  If so, what is
the offending process.

Jason