Re: initdb carrying on forever/problems with Postgresql setup on Cygwin

От Vipul Vij
Тема Re: initdb carrying on forever/problems with Postgresql setup on Cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Jason,

Thanks for getting back to me.

> The above seems to indicate that you are using an older version of
PostgreSQL.  What version are you using?

7.2.4. I am using the following instructions to setup PostgreSQL on
Cygwin: (http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp)
I have used other instructions. As I don't have a "D:\" and the same
folder structure on my machine as in these instructions, I am not
following the instructions entirely. After starting "ipc-daemon &", I
then invoke "initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data".
The messages that I get are:

'The files belonging to this database system will be owned by "Vipul
Vij".
The user must also own the server process.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/share/postgresql/data ....
ok
Creating dir /usr/share/postgresql/data/base ... ok
"         "          "   "   "      "   global... ok
"         "          "   "   "      "   px_xlog ...ok
"         "          "   "   "      "   pg_clog ... ok
"         template1 database in /usr/share/postgresql/data/base/1.... '

This is the point at which it hangs.

> Does CPU utilization hit 100%?
Yes

> If so, what is
the offending process.
"postgres.exe"

I am using cygipic version 1.14.1. This was the only version I could
find. The link:
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/cygipc/ is never
available.

I look forward to hearing from you.