Re: new psql \d command

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: new psql \d command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Hi guys (tom),
>
> Just reminding people that there was a question regarding my changes to
> psql's \d command.  I'm not sure if everyone wanted all the identifier
> names double quoted or not...

I assume we don't want them always quoted.

> And are people happy with the layout in general?  Also, I think it'd be
> nice if my recent patch to use the new pg_get_viewdef was applied for
> release (I think it's merely a bug fix).

It is in the queue to be applied.

> It might be a bit risky getting pg_dump to use it though?

I don't think we every want pg_dump to use it --- better accurate than
pretty in there.  There seems to be some tough assumptions that have to
be made in that function that are better used for visual-only cases.

Pennsylvania19073