Starting PostgreSQL server as root

От Daniel Gerardo Lucero Baylon
Тема Starting PostgreSQL server as root
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I installed PostgreSQL 7.3.4 on Red Hat Linux 8.0.

When I tried to mount database (using initdb command), following error appear:

You cannot run initdb as root. Please log in as the (unprivileged) user that
will own the server process.

I read at Postgre documentation, and I need to log on as another user and strt
process.

This is my problem, I check another services and processes as root user, if I
use another user to manage Postgre, another appliactions crashes.

Does exist a way to start Postgre as root?

I appreciate some help.

Best Regards