Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory

От: Andrew Sullivan
Тема: Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Daniel Migowski, )
 Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Franco Bruno Borghesi, )
    Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Franco Bruno Borghesi, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: Mapping a database completly into Memory  (Bruce Momjian, )

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 12:25:57PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> in the kernel's disk cache), thus wasting RAM.  If we had a portable way
> of preventing the kernel from caching the same page, it would make more
> sense to run with large shared_buffers.

Plus, Postgres seems not to be very good at managing very large
buffer sets.

----
<>                              M2P 2A8
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110