Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input

От Patrick Welche
Тема Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 04:13:12PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 15:02, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Does anyone use YY-MM-DD for date input?
> >
> > Right now, it only works mostly for pre-2000 dates because we can detect
> > that 97-02-03 is a year, while we can not detect that in 03-02-01.
> >
> > We are considering eliminating it for 7.4.  You can still use
> > yyyy-mm-dd, or course.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> What about the sliding window approach that some used to "solve"
> the y2k problem: any year between, say '00' and '32' is presumed
> to be in the 21st century, but years between '33' and '99' are
> 20th century.
>
> However, dropping it and letting the app deal with it is my non-
> counting vote...

Mine too - as time goes by, we would also want to move the window
32][33 above etc, so simplest is if 03-02-01 would just be 3rd Feb
1AD, 2nd Mar 1AD or 1st Feb 3AD according to DMY, MDY or YMD. Still
not clear to me how you make a difference between input and output
encoding with a single DateStyle GUC variable.. DMY MDY and YMD
just for input, US and European just for output?

Cheers,

Patrick