Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input
Дата
Re: Using YY-MM-DD date input  (Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 15:02, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Does anyone use YY-MM-DD for date input?
>
> Right now, it only works mostly for pre-2000 dates because we can detect
> that 97-02-03 is a year, while we can not detect that in 03-02-01.
>
> We are considering eliminating it for 7.4.  You can still use
> yyyy-mm-dd, or course.
>
> Comments?

What about the sliding window approach that some used to "solve"
the y2k problem: any year between, say '00' and '32' is presumed
to be in the 21st century, but years between '33' and '99' are
20th century.

However, dropping it and letting the app deal with it is my non-
counting vote...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |