Re: Can I turn the case sensitive off

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Can I turn the case sensitive off
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 04:34:26PM -0700, Terence Chang wrote:
> All:
>
> I don't remember I even seen a document saying PostgreSQL are case
> sensitive. I just figure out that my column name are case

The docs have it in a footnote:

http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/sql-syntax.html#FTN.AEN1031

PostgreSQL's approach is backwards from the standard.

> sensitive. Is there any way that I can turn it off or force the
> object name to all upper case?

Yes.  Double-quote them.  Alternatively, _never_ double-quote and
just refer to everything in all upper case.  Postgres will
automatically fold them to lower case anyway, but you won't get them
displayed in all upper case.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110