Re: Can I turn the case sensitive off

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Can I turn the case sensitive off
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Terence Chang wrote:

> I am still getting the error. would this matter with 7.3.3 on windows with
> cygwin?
>
> My query only works when I quote the field. Also I have to always use the
> schema name in the where clause. Is there any way that I can set default
> schema to "app_v08" but not public? Thank you very much!

See the search_path variable.

> My table users contains a field "FIRSTNAME" in upper case.

Generally speaking, if you quote a name when you create it you should
quote the name when referencing it. If we used spec complient
case-folding, then you'd be able to reference "FIRSTNAME" without quotes,
but "firstname" or "Firstname" would still require quotes, so it's best to
be consistent.

Сообщение: Re: Fw: Is SQL silly as an RDBMS<->app interface?
Сообщение: Re: Fw: Is SQL silly as an RDBMS<->app interface?