Re: Can I turn the case sensitive off

От Terence Chang
Тема Re: Can I turn the case sensitive off
Дата
Re: Can I turn the case sensitive off  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
I am still getting the error. would this matter with 7.3.3 on windows with
cygwin?

My query only works when I quote the field. Also I have to always use the
schema name in the where clause. Is there any way that I can set default
schema to "app_v08" but not public? Thank you very much!

My table users contains a field "FIRSTNAME" in upper case.
app=> select FIRSTNAME from api_v08.users;
ERROR:  Attribute "firstname" not found
app=> select "firstname" from app_v08.users;
ERROR:  Attribute "firstname" not found
app=> select a.firstname from app_v08.users a;
ERROR:  No such attribute a.firstname
app=> select a.FIRSTNAME from app_v08.users a;
ERROR:  No such attribute a.firstname
app=> select "A"."FIRSTNAME" FROM app_v08.users A;
ERROR:  Relation "A" does not exist
app=> select "FIRSTNAME" FROM app_v08.users;
 FIRSTNAME
 Terence
(1 row)

app=> select "FIRSTNAME" FROM users;