Re: Fw: Is SQL silly as an RDBMS<->app interface?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Fw: Is SQL silly as an RDBMS<->app interface?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jan Wieck wrote:
> elein wrote:
> > Quel rules.
>
> PostQUEL ... we should have kept a compatibility mode for that.

I prefer SQL for a few reasons:

    nested queries
    aggregates that make sense

Does anyone remember how QUEL had you put the qualifiction inside the
aggregate parens.  And the correlated aggregates were weird, sum(col1 by
col2 where col3 = ...).  It was a little subquery with a correlated
aggregate.  It still makes my head spin.