Re: Sanity check requested

От Vincent van Leeuwen
Тема Re: Sanity check requested
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 2003-07-18 18:20:55 +0200, Oliver Scheit wrote:
> > Be sure to mount noatime
>
> I did "chattr -R +A /var/lib/pgsql/data"
> that should do the trick as well or am I wrong?

According to the man page it gives the same effect. There are a few things you
should consider though:
- new files won't be created with the same options (I think), so you'll have
to run this command as a daily cronjob or something to that effect
- chattr is probably more filesystem-specific than a noatime mount, although
this isn't a problem on ext[23] ofcourse

Vincent van Leeuwen
Media Design - http://www.mediadesign.nl/