Re: Sanity check requested

От Oliver Scheit
Тема Re: Sanity check requested
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>> > Be sure to mount noatime
>>
>> I did "chattr -R +A /var/lib/pgsql/data"
>> that should do the trick as well or am I wrong?
>>

> According to the man page it gives the same effect.
> There are a few things you should consider though:
> - new files won't be created with the same options (I think),
> so you'll have to run this command as a daily cronjob or
> something to that effect

This would be a really interesting point to know.
I will look into this.

I think the advantage of "chattr" is that the last access time
is still available for the rest of the filesystem.
(Of course you could have your own filesystem just for the
database stuff, in this case the advantage would be obsolete)

regards,
Oli