Re: Firebird vrs Postgresql

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Firebird vrs Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:26:54PM +0200, Erick Dennis wrote:

> had Somebody compared Postgresql vrs Firebird? What is the main
> diferent between this DBs? performance? support? flexibility?.

I've heard from two different and unrelated sources that Firebird
corrupted data for them; the only way out was with backups.  They didn't
have problems with PostgreSQL, so I guess that make it unlikely that the
problem was hardware issues.

I'm also told that Firebird's numerical datatypes handling is horrible.
I don't have personal experience with it though.

"Crear es tan dificil como ser libre" (Elsa Triolet)