Re: Growing pg_xlog

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: Growing pg_xlog
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 12:55:19PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> writes:
> > I seem to have some obscure problem with the WAL logs (AFAIK that's what
> > is stored in the pg_xlog directory):
>
> > 63G     /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_xlog
>
> > This is a bit too much wasted space for my taste. 8-/
>
> The only theory that comes to mind is that the automatically issued
> checkpoint operations are failing before they get to the stage of
> truncating the WAL.  Is there anything suspicious looking in the
> postmaster log?

No, I'm afraid.  However, the checkpoint subprocess was stuck in the "T"
state (meaning that it had received SIGSTOP). 8-/

> You could also try a manual CHECKPOINT and see if it fails.

Sending SIGCONT, restarting the database and issuing a CHECKPOINT
command seems to have fixed it (CHECKPOINT removed the gigabytes at an
amazing rate 8-).

Thanks for pushing me into the right direction.