Re: postgresql.org is unreliable

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: postgresql.org is unreliable
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 July 2003 06:54 pm, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > > I don't know about the whole site, since I usually only browse docs.
> > > Right now it seems only the docs. For example, clicking on 7.2
> > > Interactive docs just give me page loading...
> >
> > 'K, just went to the site from here, went docs and went to 7.2
> > Interactive, and it all loaded fast ... do a 'search' on the docs, and it
> > seems to stall, but that is only when I hit the database backend for the
> > search engine itself, and it reports that its only taking 6sec to get the
> > results ...
> >
> > Search results: (6.679 sec)  mvcc : 9
> >
> > Can you tell me how archives.postgresql.org performs from your end?
>
> OK, something really screwy is going on here. I am not sure what. I restarted
> Mozilla thinking that it might be the cause. I can search the docs for a
> while, but then it happenned again.
> Also, I often browse Bruce Momjian's tutorial at:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/aw_pgsql_book/index.html
>
> which I thought is just static pages. And it also often stalls there too, even
> after restating mozilla
>
> I tried with links (text browser) and haven't had any problems so far.
>
> archives.postgresql.org seems fine though, although I haven't really search a
> lot there.
>
> Not really sure what's wrong, but I might upgrade to the latest mozilla, to
> see if it's browser problem, or take it up to their mailing list.

What OS are you running on?  I take it, from using links, that its Unix
based?

I'm using Mozilla on XP (its my home machine), and I see a delay on
searching the docs, but figure that is due to the size of teh database
beign searched ... but haven't noticed any 'stalls' :(

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Сообщение: Re: Duplicate key insert question
Сообщение: Re: Duplicate key insert question