Re: postgresql.org is unreliable

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: postgresql.org is unreliable
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 July 2003 06:27 pm, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > Does anyone else find the site postgresql.org kinda unreliable? Many
> > > times it's stalled for a while. And it's not just today, but very often.
> > > It's really frustrating especially when I regularly use it to look up
> > > documentation.
> >
> > Is it specifically the documentation, or the whole site, or?  I just
> > looked over the server, and loadavg is normal (avg <5) ... and I find her
> > responsive ...
>
> I don't know about the whole site, since I usually only browse docs. Right now
> it seems only the docs. For example, clicking on 7.2 Interactive docs just
> give me page loading...

'K, just went to the site from here, went docs and went to 7.2
Interactive, and it all loaded fast ... do a 'search' on the docs, and it
seems to stall, but that is only when I hit the database backend for the
search engine itself, and it reports that its only taking 6sec to get the
results ...

Search results: (6.679 sec)  mvcc : 9

Can you tell me how archives.postgresql.org performs from your end?  Its a
different database, but its about the same size, using mnogosearch, but I
think its a newer version of it, and I don't have the file caching setup
that I believe Dave has setup for the docs side ...