Re: slower with the time

От: Shridhar Daithankar
Тема: Re: slower with the time
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

slower with the time  (Juraj Porada, )
 Re: slower with the time  (Shridhar Daithankar, )
 Re: slower with the time  (Juraj Porada, )

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 13:40, Juraj Porada wrote:
> shared_buffers = 32

That is 32*8=256KB of memory. I thought default was 64. How much physical
memory you have?

I suggest you set it up something like 256 to start with. That may be too
small as well but you haven't provided enough details to come up with a
better one.

> I don't have much experience in tuning the database, but I think there
> is a problem with a fragmentation of memory or so.
> I don't known backgrounds.

Read postgresql.conf and admin guide about runtime parameters. You need to
tune shared buffers and effective_cache_size at least.

Search performance archives about tuning these two. There is lot of material
to cover in a single mail.

 HTH

 Shridhar