Re: postgres 7.3.3 problem - not talking across port

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: postgres 7.3.3 problem - not talking across port
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sarah,

> So apparently the postmaster executable finds itself.  But when I do a
> createdb, I get:
>
> > createdb foo
> psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
>         Is the server running on host virgo and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5547?
> createdb: database creation failed
Are you sure to have tcp_ip enabled in postgresql.conf ? Also
the pg_hba.conf format changed slightly somewhere from 7.2 -
7.3. This may be another problem you are having.

Greetz from a long-time LP traveller :-)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

От: Alan Williams
Сообщение: Inheritance & Indexes
От: Russ Brown
Сообщение: Re: Database design problem: multilingual strings