Re: Two Phase Commit WAS: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Two Phase Commit WAS: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

"Putting in "dozens of hours" is not the issue here --- the problem is
that there isn't any solution in sight, and I'm not eager to go down a
path that has an obvious dead end."

Well, I doubt we're breaking any new ground with this discussion.  If I really
cared about this feature, I would get in touch with CJ Date and see what he
has to say about it; but I don't care that much, except from a "Postgres
marketability" perspective.

Perhaps the people on this list who are pushing 2PC could do the ground work?
I'd suggest starting with the collected works of CJ Date and Hugh Darwin, and
contacting them if it's not already in a book.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco