Re: date question

От javier garcia - CEBAS
Тема Re: date question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all;

Peter, thank you very much for your help. Just a little thing. I've done as
you say:

CREATE TABLE rain_series_dated AS SELECT (year * interval '1 year' + month *
interval '1 month' + day * interval '1 day') AS
fecha,est7237,est7238,est7239,est7250 FROM rain_series ORDER by fecha;

I see that the obtained new field is "interval" type:
Column  |   Type   | Modifiers
---------+----------+-----------fecha   | interval |est7237 | real     |est7238 | real     |

And I've tried to use this result to be compared with my other table in which
"fecha" is "date" type. The result is that the query halts with no result; I
guess that it is because it tries to compare different data types.

Is it possible to cast the "interval" obtained type into a "date" one in the
creation of the mentioned table?  (I've looked it in the documentation, but I
can't find the answer)

Thanks and regards,
Javier
El Mar 17 Jun 2003 20:09, escribió:
> javier garcia - CEBAS writes:
> > Is there a way to create a table from this table, directly in Postgres in
> > which a date field is created based in the values of "year", "month",
> > "day" in this table?
> year * interval '1 year' + month * interval '1 month' + day * interval '1
> day'
>
> This results in a timestamp value that you can compare to or assign to a
> date value.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: