Re: disabling triggers

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: disabling triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Mallah,

> >> Is setting reltriggers=0 on pg_class an  accepatble way of
> >> disabling triggers on a table temporarily?
>
> Ok , but someone on list was scary few months back.

I've done it many times without a problem.  The trick is re-setting the
triggers to the correct number when you're done.  See the scripts that
pg_dump -a creates for a good example.

> Agreed , but there is no easy way to view current trigger defination of
> existing triggers before dropping from psql .

So?  Create a perl script.   It can:
1) query the system tables to find out the trigger definintion(you'll need pg_trigger, pg_proc, and pg_type)
2) generate a script to restore all the triggers to be used later;
3) drop all the triggers

Of course, setting reltriggers=0 is probably a lot easier.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco