Re: disabling triggers

От
Тема Re: disabling triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Mallah,

>> Ok , but someone on list was scary few months back.
>
> I've done it many times without a problem.  The trick is re-setting the  triggers to the
> correct number when you're done.  See the scripts that  pg_dump -a creates for a good example.
>
>> Agreed , but there is no easy way to view current trigger defination of existing triggers
>> before dropping from psql .
>
> So?  Create a perl script.   It can:
> 1) query the system tables to find out the trigger definintion
>     (you'll need pg_trigger, pg_proc, and pg_type)
> 2) generate a script to restore all the triggers to be used later; 3) drop all the triggers
>
> Of course, setting reltriggers=0 is probably a lot easier.

in past we tried creating a plpgsql function that takes  relname and schema
and try setting reltriggers=0 on disabling and  = (select count(*) from pg_trigger
for that relname and schema) on enabling .

we got stuck somewhere and abandoned it , do u think above approach
would work in principle ?

i will retry it tommorw though and post the results.

regds
mallah.