Re: Timestamp of insertion of the row.

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Timestamp of insertion of the row.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 15:45:28 +0530,
  Anagha Joshi <ajoshi@nulinkinc.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I mean to say ....
> Can I know the time when particular row is inserted into the table? i.e.
> timestamp of insertion of row into the table.

That isn't precise. What do you mean when you say it is inserted into the
table. Do you mean when the transaction is committed or started, or perhaps
the time the command to insert the row is run or perhaps the time of the
external event that prompted the the insert? Sometimes these times can
be quite different, especially if you are using persistant connections
with software that issues 'begin's for you.

If the time doesn't need to be synchronized with any other times in the
same transaction, then timeofday is probably your best bet.